Information You Give Us. The Hooch collects the information you give us when you sign up for and use the Service, such as your name, email address, account password, date of birth, billing information, phone number, delivery address and social media IDs. Tracking Information and Cookies. We collect tracking information when you use the Service, such as your device and browser type, location, page views, IP address, referring/exit pages, and information about how you interact with the Service and third party links. (Third parties may also collect this information.) This information may be collected with a cookie, a small file from a web server that is stored in your browser. Your browser can be set to block cookies, but some features of the Service may not work. To learn more about cookies, please visit the third party site All About Cookies. Your browser may also have a “do not track” feature that tells websites not to track your online activities. Our Service does not respond to this feature. Precise Location Data. The Service collects your precise geographical location on some devices, such as smartphones. You can opt out of this through the settings on your device or in the App, but it may limit some features of the Service. Information from Other Sources. The Hooch may obtain information about you from other sources, including retailers and other companies, social media, and public records. If you use Facebook or another third party to login to the Service, we’ll receive information about you from them.
• Provide and improve the Service;
• Personalize your Service experience;
• Let you rate your purchases and view your purchase history;
• Obtain additional information about you from third parties;
• Notify you of new services and special offers;
• Help you share a product review or join a rewards program;
• Run sweepstakes and contests;
• Contact you through social media;
• Troubleshoot problems with the Service;
• Notify you of payment, billing, maintenance, and other account-related issues;
• Provide customer service;
• Investigate and address fraud; and
• Create trend and preference information based on your use of the Service.